For getting the air tightness of the building, we can use the device Blower-door in order to obtain the information how many times is the whole amount of air in the building completely changed per hour while the difference of the pressure is 50 Pa.
Measure taking of the air tightness should be done for each building in order to supply us with the information on the quality of the building.
Why to construct air tight family house?
- Energy savingEven for well insulated houses there are the leakages through the external walls.
- Improved warm insulationLeakages in the external walls decrease effect of warm insulation. Good insulated noise tight level in external walls protects us against the cold during the winter and against heat during the summer.
- Vapor condensate protection in external wallsHumidity condensed on the external wall decreases the U value, it leads to the mold production and damages of the buildings. The most sensitive are the light constructed buildings /wood buildings/, where the moisture that has condensed, decreases the life of the building.
- Improved quality of airCavities in external walls decrease the quality of air in rooms, the dust and insulating elements penetrate in to the air in the room.
- Unpleasant draughtThe non-leakage in outside wall can have an effect of „tornado from the socket“. The cold air penetrating into the room is heavier and it is moving downward to the floor. This cold air is cooling our feet and it creates an unpleasant feeling for us.
- Air Condition efficiencyThe non-leakage in outside walls influences the effect of the air condition facilities and recuperation device.
- The noise should stay outside the buildingThe noise can penetrate into the building even through the smallest cavities. Even if there were used materials with very good noise insulation, the non-leakage in the outside wall can increase the noise level in the inside of the building.
THROUGH AIRTIGHTNESS OF THE BUILDING WE ASSURE ITS LOWER CONSUMPTION OF ENERGY, WE INCREASE THE EFFECT OF AIR CONDITION FACILITY AND WE ASSURE LONGER LIFE OF CONSTRUCTION (FOR WOODEN CONSTRUCTIONS MOSTLY).
WAYS OF MEASURE TAKING
Entrance or balcony door is protected by auxiliary frame, which is covered with the air tight textile. There is a blower in the aperture of textile with computer managed number of revs in order to reach a demanded low or high pressure in the building. Each cavity in outside wall, that is leaking the air, is forcing the fan to increase volume of air (revs).
After the required pressure has been reached the measured volume amount of air is divided by the volume of building. The result gives us the value of intensity of changing of air at the pressure difference 50 Pa (n50) – it means how often it comes to the exchange of the whole amount of building volume.
METHODS OF MEASURE TAKING
- Method A: so called test of building in use. Measuring is provided in the finished building during the season of sufficient closing the apertures /oven fan, chimney and so on/, in which the heating or cooling systems are in use.
- Method B: so called test of the building before the use. All apertures and cavities have to be closed and sealed. The advantage of this method it is the gaining of the possibility of leakage and the precise sealing of leakages. We recommend to effectuate the measure takings before the covering of air tight layer (for example with plaster cartoon etc.).
|Heat consumption and value of air change intensity n50 for each type of building||Impact of outside compact of the wall (value n50) on energy consumption of passive house|
THE MOST FREQUENT FAULTS
The faults during the projection of details
- The most frequent faults are these details they were not solved in the process of projecting. The construction company has no drawing with the details and it is forced to improvise.
The faults during the realization
- punctuation of vapor barrier during its creation,
- using of gluing bands of less quality for vapor barrier,
- non-perfect gluing of vapor barrier bands connections,
- non-perfect fixing of vapor barrier to the plaster or floor,
- non-perfect sealing of cavity for window construction,
- non-perfect sealing of chimney, water pipes, heating pipes and electricity connections.
METHODS OF UNTHIGHTNESS DETECTION
- Bare hands: it is the simplest method of detection. If you moisture your hands, the sensitive to the leakage will increase.
- Thermo-anemometer: measure of velocity o fair flow with the meter accessories.
- Smoke Bar: the points of leakage are detected with the smoke.